Tuesday, September 27, 2005

9/27/2005

1. Goals and intents and how far I've gotten – makes me accountable.

Found out I made a B (and got a "good job") in my Business Law class. I'm proud of it - put a lot of hard work into the class to earn that B, by golly! However, I'm disappointed because it's pulled me down into the lower B ranking for gpa, 3.22. I got B+'s in my other classes; I haven't been able to break that B/A barrier. I don't want to graduate in 2/07 with a low B or lower gpa on a Master's degree, for Pete's sake!

Went through my solo for the 22nd twice on stage. I'm not used to singing solos, nervousness and lack of practice won out. I remembered all the words, and did ok, but still needs work.

2. What are my plans? What progress have I made?

I didn't plan for the day, which is likely a good portion of why nothing got done. Made no progress.

3. What happened today? Memoir of life, descriptive writing

Routine - wake, work, home, eat, sleep, eat, sing, home again.

4. Inspiration/motivation. Quotes, stories, etc.

Nothing.

5. ** Positive statements and compliments – made about me and what I made about others

Three or four said the solo sounded good. I know I need to practice more too - not negating the compliments, but knowing I did so little practicing this past week.

6. Lists – anything important to me that I want to analyze and/or remember. Examples are food intake, budgets, personal growth plans and progress, professional goals, books to read, job-seeking plans or business development plans

A small part of my mind is screaming "do me! and me! and me!," the rest is saying, "I'm tired and going to bed" - been up the past couple of nights until 2 AM.

7. Dreams – as if happening in present, explore, don't judge

Centered on sleep!

8. Creative works – not just my own – poem, song, photo, art – write what thoughts and feelings are. Record words or add sketches/pictures if possible.

None - though there are a couple that are nagging to be finished.

9. Criticism – journal what I learned from it

Just work on solo vocals. Turns out they want a bit of choreography too. That might be a little more than my brain can handle!

10. If I am feeling badly, why am I doing so? Write an action that I can take right now to correct each reason on my list.

Frustration - can be altered by sleep, list/plan tomorrow etc. and follow through. ACTION.

11- 22. Mind blank. Nothing.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Note to myself - keep this entry. (I'm deleting some of the entries from the past today.)

Funny that I have to prove I'm not a robot on my own blog (shrugs shoulders)